Are you feeling overwhelmed by the amount of cleaning and organising that needs to be done around your home? Do you wish there was an easy way to tackle all these tasks without having to spend hours each day doing them?
If so, this 25 minute morning cleaning routine may be just what you need.
This simple routine focuses on essential cleaning tasks such as wiping down surfaces, doing laundry, without forgetting to take care of yourself with self-care activities.
By committing to complete this quick routine every morning, you can start off each day feeling refreshed and energised while also keeping your home clean. Read on for more details about how this morning cleaning routine can help simplify your life!
You might also like:
- How To Downsize And Simplify Your Life
- How To Organise Your Life & Simplify Your Days
- Simple Evening Cleaning Routine to Free Up Your Mornings
- 10 Unexpected Benefits of Having a Clean Home
- From Chaos to Order: How to Start Organising a Messy House
- A List of Household Chores for Everyone in the Family
NO TIME TO READ NOW? PIN FOR LATER!
- The importance of establishing a morning cleaning routine
- Benefits of having a morning cleaning routine:
- 25 minute Morning Cleaning Routine:
- 1. Stretch and drink a glass of water – 2 minutes
- 2. Make your bed & put away any clothes left out from the night before – 5 minutes
- 3. Throw on a quick load of laundry – 4 minutes
- 4. Put away dishes from the night before – 5 minutes
- 5. Wipe down surfaces and clean the sink – 4 minutes
- 6. Open the curtains and let in some natural light – 1 minute
- 7. Sweep up any crumps or dust – 2 minutes
- 8. Write a to-do list for the day – 2 minutes
The importance of establishing a morning cleaning routine
There’s something special about starting your day on a fresh and clean note, wouldn’t you agree? Establishing a morning cleaning routine is not only vital for maintaining an orderly home, but it also works wonders for your overall well-being.
Imagine waking up to a neat and tidy space, where you can effortlessly find your morning essentials – sounds wonderful, right?
it’s been proven that consistently nurturing good habits, such as a morning cleaning routine, boosts productivity and instills a sense of accomplishment. When we start our morning with a sense of accomplishment, it sets us off on the right foot and allows us to take on any tasks that come our way throughout the day.
Whether it’s making your bed, wiping down the countertops, or giving the bathroom a quick spruce up, incorporating these simple tasks into your morning routine can significantly improve your day.
Are you ready to simplify your life? Find out more about the Simplify Planner Bundle!
Benefits of having a morning cleaning routine:
1. It reduces the need for a big weekly cleaning session.
We all know the feeling of dread when it comes to having that one day out of the week set aside for a deep clean – not exactly a thrilling prospect, is it? But with a regular morning cleaning routine, you can eliminate this need! Just think, if every morning you quickly do your dishwashing or vacuum up any crumbs, then you won’t have to worry about scrubbing all your floors at the end of each week.
2. It sets a positive tone for the rest of your day.
Starting off your morning with some tidying up will set a positive and productive tone for the rest of your day – no matter what challenges you face. Not to mention, it can help ensure that when the day is done, your home will be just as inviting and welcoming as it was when you left in the morning.
3. It creates a calm and peaceful atmosphere for self-care activities.
With a regular cleaning routine in place, your home will become a sanctuary of tranquillity and peace. This makes it even easier to incorporate self-care activities such as yoga or meditation into your morning routine, allowing you to focus on taking care of yourself.
25 minute Morning Cleaning Routine:
Now that you understand the importance of having a regular house cleaning routine, let’s get into the specifics of creating one.
The following routine is designed to be completed in 25 minutes or less, so you can easily squeeze it into your morning schedule before heading off to work.
1. Stretch and drink a glass of water – 2 minutes
Your day should begin with some self-care! Start off by stretching for a minute, and then drink a glass of water to get your body ready for the day ahead.
2. Make your bed & put away any clothes left out from the night before – 5 minutes
Making your bed is the simplest way to start transforming a messy room into an orderly one. After that, take a few minutes to put away any clothes left out on ‘the chair’ (you know the one!) from the night before.
3. Throw on a quick load of laundry – 4 minutes
When dirty laundry’s piling up, it can be so tempting to just ignore it, but with a regular morning cleaning routine, that huge pile starts looking a little less scary. Instead of dreading laundry day, try throwing on a quick load in the morning and then hang it out to dry just before you leave for work.
4. Put away dishes from the night before – 5 minutes
If you’re like me and fill the dishwasher at night before going to bed, or wash the few dirty dishes you used by hand, now’s the time to take a few minutes to put them away. A super simple task that can make a big difference in making your kitchen look neat and tidy. Then, quickly wash the breakfast dishes and leave them to drain.
5. Wipe down surfaces and clean the sink – 4 minutes
Give a quick wipe down to kitchen countertops, the sink, kitchen faucet, and any other flat surfaces that need it. This is crucial for keeping your kitchen germ-free and it only takes a few minutes. Plus it’s super nice coming home to a clean kitchen, isn’t it?
6. Open the curtains and let in some natural light – 1 minute
Open all the curtains and let some natural light into your home. This will instantly help to brighten up your mood and make your home feel more welcoming when you come back at the end of the day.
7. Sweep up any crumps or dust – 2 minutes
Give the floors a quick sweep or vacuum to pick up any crumbs or dust that accumulated during the night. Doing this each morning means you’ll get to reduce your overall weekly vacuuming time – no dragging the vacuum out on a Saturday morning for a few hours!
8. Write a to-do list for the day – 2 minutes
Before heading out, take a few minutes to write down any tasks that you need to get done during the day. This will help you stay organised and on track, so nothing important falls through the cracks.
LIKE THIS ARTICLE? PIN IT!
Studies have shown how a few small tasks in the morning, like you’ve read about today, can help increase productivity and reduce stress-inducing clutter throughout the day.
And when you break things down into manageable chunks of time throughout the week, even your most daunting cleaning tasks can seem much more doable.
This simple cleaning routine shouldn’t take too much time out of your day, but it will leave you feeling a little more ready for anything that comes your way throughout the day.
Give this effective 25 minute morning cleaning routine a try and hopefully it will bring some ease to the rest of your day! And have a read of my Evening Cleaning Routine too!